Friday, October 07, 2005

 

Slow time back on to the Treadmill

Well, here I am, back in the thick of it - for 6 hours a day. Occy Health have insisted that I go back to work slowly - two sets at 6 hours, two sets at 8 hours, two sets at 10 hours before going back to straight 12 hour shifts!! Lots of changes - new people coming in, old ones leaving or left. Got the shock of my life - first one I spoke to - "Hi, mate, how's the family ?" "Sean's fine, but the wife has left me" One of the girls on another team has moved in with him and has now moved on to my team !!- Next one I spoke to, "How's the family?", I asked(I should have known better !!!) = "Moved out on the wife" (They'd only married about 6 months before I went sick, and she was heavily preggers) "My partner now has two kids" I was very carefull how I approached the rest of the team Several have left to join the "Job" - Although you would have thought that a couple of years as a Comms Op would have cured anyone of joining the Police !! - But there's no accounting for taste. Have a new Boss, he seems a nice bloke but we shall see. The worst has happened - Got my pay slip this week and - guess what - Half pay ! To stop this I had already rung everyone I could think of last week - finance, personnel, Room Manager etc to tell them NOT to put me on half pay as I was returning - but the bloody "jobs worth" at the pay team said"We can't do anything till we have the paperwork" So rude letters from all and sundry - mortgage not paid etc etc, incurring more bank charges - "When we get the necessary paperwork we will rectify it next month, or the month after" she said - My reply would have been unprintable but remembering that such people are in charge of my pay I just said "Thank you very much" as sarcasticly as possible ! So I get stressed immediately before I even try to book back onto the systems - more on that another day
slightly frayed
mog

Comments:
Sod em. Half pay, Half work.
 
So many blogs and only 10 numbers to rate them. I'll have to give you a 8 because you have good content.

Free Access To More Information Aboutfinance jobs in london
 
Right on ! Still fighting with them but it looks like the Department wins again !!
 
You should go into your blog settings under the comments tab section and turn "Show word verification for comments? " on. That will stop the spam comments appearing...
 
Veteran's Day is November 11th and I hope that EVERY American will be flying the flag in honor of our troops fighting in Iraq and around the world to preserve our freedoms!

I can even tell you where to get one for free! Visit AmericanFlags.com right now and they'll send you a FREE American Flag. These flags were $19.99, but now they are FREE. You pay just for shipping/handling and they'll ship one to your door. (Actually - I've ordered more than 20 from them to give to my neighbors, as gifts, etc!)

Get your free flag now: **FREE AMERICAN FLAG**

Semper Fi!

Bill Adams
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?