Tuesday, May 10, 2005

 

The Plague and I

With apologies to Betty McDonald who wrote such wonderful books ! She suffered from TB which was a real killer in those days whereas all I'm suffering from is lack of sleep ! However, the Doctor is taking it seriously so I am too. I am now waiting for an appointment with the sleep clinic - last time was dreadfull but this time I think I am really going to try and get the operation, so that my breathing tube stays open and I don't keep waking up choking ! - Have been out in the caravan looking at fields. This is a real help and soothes my troubled waters a bit. I can just sit in the awning and watch the birds and animals even in the rain - Again it is very soothing to hear the patter of rain on canvas. Have now managed to put quite a lot of my CDs on to my ipod - have over one hundred discs on and still only scratching the surface (still got 33Gb out of 40 left). Did I mention that We bought one of the BOSE docking stations for it which turns it into a full blown Hi Fi - Have taken this out in the caravan and as they say music soothes the savage breast and when I feel about to explode an eclectic mix of Wagner, bluegrass, folk, Mozart etc does it every time. Have been signed off work for another 4 weeks so will be down in Looe in Cornwall with the van for the next 3 weeks - up your transom me handsome - as they say. Will try and blog when able but don't have lap top !
still gloomy
mog

Comments:
Just give it some time - and I know it's easier said than done. It's good that you're going back to the sleep clinic in a better frame of mind too.

On music, any bluegrass you'd particularly recommend?
 
Maybe when you playing your music you might get an ASBO hehe..

Perhaps with the lack of sleep, you will hear "If you build it, they will come"?

Stick with it. Feet together, shoulders back, chest out, look up & you will make it through...
 
Thanks - beginning to feel a little less grim already
 
Anne: Try some Nickelcreek or anything by Alison Crouse (sp?). The soundtrack album to "Oh, Brother Where Art Thou?" is really nice, too, but may be considered more "mountain music" than bluegrass. That's all I've got. Mog, I'm glad that you're working on the frame of mind. Sounds like you're starting to get healthy inside and out.
 
Have a great time in Cornwall; I lived in Bodmin until I was 18. I hope they manage to sort things out for you at the clinic.
 
Hi,
Your blog is well written and informative. I have a site on Metal Awnings maybe we could trade links?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?