Wednesday, December 29, 2004

 

I Bet Jeremy Clarkson's Laughing

Having worked for the Queen, and latterly the Ancient William for all of my working life Christmas has always been a season of “Your single – its for the married men”, or “You don’t have children, let those with kids have the time off”. This has happened for so many years I could not believe it when out of the blue I checked my shift rosters and found that I had Christmas day off, and one of my colleagues offered to do Boxing day so – blank amazement on face of she who must be obeyed when I gave her the news – “Off from the 22nd to the 28th m’dear”
Says I . “Great”, says she “We’ll take the caravan down to Maidenhead and go to mumsie’s for Christmas”
Thinks “What happened to me grand plan to get absolutely shit faced and wake up Boxing day – foiled again SOOOO we loaded up the van and headed for a little 5 van site in Holyport – just behind mumsie’s house on the Windsor Road at Bray. As usual, everything started to go wrong. We appear to have had a mouse(s) in the van and there were little mouse presents everywhere . More worrying was the intermittent electrical fault on the heater system. Fired up the Generator and worked off mains power – all right but still no gas heating ? Just before we set off I changed the gas cylinder in Witney so thought I had at least one and a half before it ran out. Was ok Christmas eve, then Christmas morning – low gas warning
Check bottles – both empty It would appear that when I went to the hop in Witney to change the cylinder I picked up the empty one instead of a full one – Dumbo. Ran round all morning Boxing day trying to find someone selling propane cylinders (the orange ones ) – no chance –lots of blue butane ones – they freeze up in cold weather, and true to form we have just hit the coldest snap of the winter. Ended up buying a small electric fan heater and ramping up the generator to run it ! used up a gallon of petrol on boxing day but kept warm at least. Packed up yesterday and came home – Two nights at work and then back out in the van for New Year – I am a glutton for punishment !!
Tired !
Mog

Comments:
oh my god..i am really happy that i am visting your blog...
you know every thing are beautiful and me myself am very
intrested to know more about you and neautifull country
my weblog is :
http://lonely-tree.blogspot.com and my yahoo messenger id is
arash_javadian2000@yahoo.com ...i will be very happy to have talk
with you(maybe chating)about the situation....by the way i am waiting
for your pm...thank you and bye
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a rescue dog training blog. It pretty much covers rescue dog training related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
San Diego is having a Hot Rod Halloween on Sunday, October 30. If you love st louis auto show then you will want to be there! All kinds of st louis auto show will be in attendance. For more information go to st louis auto show
See Ya There!!
 
I just came across your blog about dog training and
wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed
I was with the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site about dog training
so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch!
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
How would you like to know about a Fitness Nutrition resource, that displays all the Fitness Nutrition information on one website? Check out
Fitness Nutrition today. Not only do they have a good fitness book section, but they also have great articles on fitness. I was really impressed with the resources their webmster put together.
 
Yours By Design Heating and Cooling is a full service Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) contractor based in Blaine, MN
installing residential heating and air and commercial heating and air.**Heating****Cooling**lennox furnace filterlennox furnace filter
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?